UICollectionView is a very powerful component in UIKit. Every iOS developer has heard about it, at least he should. It seems to be pretty straight forward and easy to use and manipulate. That is true, however… not entirely. UIColletionView has a lot of potential, which can be overwhelming and dangerous to careless programmer.
We provide great overview of the UICollectionView and related classes! In our workshop we cover following topics:
- Introduction to UICollectionView: You’ll learn what it really is and what are its core components. You’ll write your first collection view code (if you haven’t done it before earlier).
- Custom Collection View Layouts: This is more advanced. It will bring you to the world of custom layouts which is really fun. This part very carefully walks through the process of creating and configuring your own layout and shares lots of useful tips.
- Layout Transitions: In this part you’ll explore the power of collection view and probably the coolest feature - automatic and interactive layout transitions. During the series of exercises you’ll learn how to design and create your own animations and transitions.
- Dynamics & Collection Views: You’ll learn that binding UIKit Dynamics with UICollectionView isn’t that hard and enables you to create beautiful visual effects.
Prerequisites for attendance:
- Mac with latest developer tools installed
- Knowledge of Objective-C and generic iOS knowledge — you don’t have to be an iOS ninja, but we do require basic knowledge and understanding of how the OS works
- Humor and hunger for knowledge!
Time and Location:
The workshop runs from 10:00 to 18:00 and will take place on Saturday April 11, 2015 in the Wooga office.
- 10:00 - 10:30 Introduction
- 10:30 - 12:00 Introduction to UICollectionView
- 12:00 - 12:15 Break
- 12:15 - 13:45 Custom Collection View Layouts
- 13:45 - 14:30 Lunch Break
- 14:30 - 16:00 Layout Transitions
- 16:15 - 16:30 Break
- 16:30 - 18:00 Dynamics & Collection Views